The NMSU Office of Experiential Learning (OEL) designed the Co-op / Internship Program to award a permanent transcript notation to students who successfully enroll and complete an approved co-op/internship experience. The program provides experience-based learning through paid employment in practical, curriculum-related work experiences structured to meet the student’s major, interests, abilities, and career goals. It is a collective effort where the student, employer, and NMSU all participate on an equal basis in an effort to enrich the student’s educational journey. We invite employers to hire NMSU students for their co-op/internship positions!
Each year, 200+ students from all of NMSU’s academic colleges certify their co-op/experience with the NMSU OEL. 100+ employers from across the United States hire NMSU students, including but not limited to (listed in alphabetical order):
- City of Las Cruces
- Cummins, Inc.
- El Paso Electric Company
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Goldman Sachs
- Jacobs Technology, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Lockheed Martin
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- New Mexico Gas Company
- TRAX International, LLC
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
Benefits to Employers
- Access Top-caliber Students
- Ability to train and mentor highly talented NMSU students
- Students can contribute with a fresh perspective and new ideas to meet your project needs
- Create a Recruitment Pipeline
- Increase awareness of your organization on campus to attract future candidates for employment
- Decrease training and recruitment costs by hiring NMSU Student interns
- Develop Public Relations
- Learn and work in tandem with NMSU to address society’s problems
- Contribute to the community by investing in the future workforce
If you have any questions about your role as an employer please contact our office (email@example.com | 575-646-4115)
The Co-op / Experience Process for Employers
The process below illustrates what employers must do so students can successfully complete a co-op/internship experience.