Education Abroad is the new home for National Student Exchange (NSE) program and we are excited to expand into student exchange with other colleges and universities in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S Virgin Islands! In addition, NSE also offers exchanges with select Canadian universities! To learn more about the member colleges and universities that participate in the NSE program, please visit the National Student Exchange website. You can also find participating schools using this interactive map!
With an NSE exchange, NMSU students will have the opportunity to spend a semester or academic year at another United States institution, while still paying NMSU tuition. This is a great way to explore a different educational environment, such as private liberal arts colleges, historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), NCAA Division 1 schools, universities in urban settings, French-speaking or Spanish-speaking universities, and more!
- Take classes not available at your school
- Study with new professors and experts in your field
- Broaden your educational perspective
- Pursue research, field study, and internship opportunities
- Investigate graduate schools
- Experience personal growth and independence
- Live in different geographic and cultural settings
- Gain international and/or intercultural understanding
- Explore the historical and cultural makeup of the U.S. and Canada
- Make connections in a new job market
- Develop practical skills for use in your professional development
- Increase collaboration experience
- Prepare yourself to live and work in a culturally diverse society
- Degree-seeking undergraduate student
- Sophomore in credits
- 18 years of age or older
- Full-time enrollment
- 2.5 GPA
- Each host campus could have other requirements
How to Apply
Students participating in an NSE Canada exchange will follow the same process and procedures as NMSU students who participate in Education Abroad programs. As with our Education Abroad programs, all NSE students will work with departmental contacts on course approvals and with NMSU Financial Aid to determine eligibility to utilize their financial aid award while on an NSE exchange.
Keep an eye on this page for updates and new content! For more information about how to apply, please contact: