Thank you for choosing the NMSU Passport Acceptance Facility! We know you have many options available for your passport needs and we appreciate you choosing us!
Para personas que requieran asistencia en Español, favor de contactar email@example.com para agendar su cita.
Before scheduling an appointment, please read the information below.
Please note that we do not process passport renewals. While we are unable to process renewals, we can provide photos. For those needing renewals, please find information HERE.
PHOTOS ONLY: If you need a photo for passport renewal, student visas, OPT, etc. please do not schedule an appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for photo-only walk-in hours.
Per NMSU policy: As of August 2, 2021 masks are required to be worn indoors on the NMSU campus. This includes the NMSU Passport Acceptance Facility.
- 30-minute appointment – one person only appointment.
- 60-minute appointment – this is for groups of 2-3 people.
- 90-minute appointment – this is for groups of 4-6 people.
- For groups of 7 or more, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Types of applicants: We also need to know which of the following types of applicants will be applying for a passport. More information about requirements for the minor applicant types is below.
- Adult, 18 and over
- Minor, 16/17-year-old – adult passport fees apply, but one parent is required to attend the appointment.
- Minor, 15 and younger – minor passport fees apply and both parents must be present.
- You will also be asked if the minor(s) are 3 and under.
REQUIRED – FAILURE TO BRING THE FOLLOWING WILL RESULT IN A RESCHEDULING OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Completed DS-11 (PDF) (Fillable PDF) – DO NOT print double-sided
- Proof of citizenship (Original Birth Certificate, Naturalization Document, or previous passport) and one photocopy
- If there is a previously issued passport, it is recommended that the applicant use the passport. This is especially true of minors and minor-issued passports.
- Photo I.D. (Driver’s License, Military ID, State ID) and a photocopy of the front and back
- If providing a Driver’s License from a state other than New Mexico or Texas, a 2nd photo ID, with a photocopy, will be required
- Two forms of payment in check or money order (no starter checks)
- U.S. Department of State (book, card & expedite fee)
- New Mexico State University (facility fee & photo(s)) – can accept one payment for families
- It is recommended to take passport photos at the NMSU Passport Acceptance Facility. If you bring a photo from another place, such as Walgreens/Walmart/CVS and it does not meet the U.S. Dept. of State requirements, it could delay your passport.
- Due to the dimensions of the passport photo, please avoid high buns, high ponytails, or bows in the hair.
WE ARE UNABLE TO MAKE COPIES OF THE PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP OR PHOTO IDS. THERE IS A COPIER IN THE BUILDING THAT COSTS $.10/COPY
Minor Passport Information
Minor Passports (15 and younger) – Not eligible for renewal
- Both parents must attend passport appointments with the child. If one parent is unable to attend, please complete and have notarized the Form DS-3053
- Parents are required to provide a front and back copy of their driver’s license
- Please find information HERE about the requirements for applying for a minor passport.
- Must provide proof of parental relationship (ie, birth certificate photocopy)
16 & 17-Year-Olds – not eligible for renewal
- Adult passport application (corresponding fees apply)
- One parent is required to attend. The parent is required to provide a front & back photocopy of the ID. It is recommended that 16/17-year-olds provide a photocopy of ID, but it’s not required.
- Must provide proof of parental relationship (ie, birth certificate)
U.S. Department of State Fees – all applicable fees must be included on one payment and is per application. Can not combine multiple applicants. (Example: Adult Passport Book + Expedite ($110+$60) = $170).
- Adult Book: $110
- Adult Card: $30
- Minor Book: $80
- Minor Card: $15
- Expedite Service: $60
- 2-Day Return Delivery: $17.56 (available for Passport Books only)
New Mexico State University Fees – can be combined into one payment, including multiple applicants
- Facility Fee: $35
- Photos: $10/set of 2 – recommended but not required to do the photos at NMSU
- Fee & Photo: $45
- Expedited delivery service from facility: $27.10 – 2 day guarantee
- Routine Processing: 18 weeks
- Expedite Process: 12 weeks (additional fee required, see above)
- For more information go to: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/processing-times.html
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!
Kari Cena, M.S.
NMSU Passport Acceptance Facility Manager